Sunday, March 23, 2008

just plain awesomeness all around

ok...so as you read bellow, this week has been a pretty fucking awesome week in music for us.
the witch/titan/graveyard show on wednesday was AMAZING...now i have amazing new music to listen to (namely witch) and also a new crush...ahem ahem.
riding on that high (and the one from just watching Step Up to the Streets!), we went to another show last night at market hotel
and saw these are powers, old time relijun and some other great bands- the venue is an amazing space..lots of moshing again, we didn't quite join in but we were definetly going nuts jumping and just wriggling out to drone...fun fun fun! although it did take the assistance of a local crazy woman to help us find the place...somehow by looking at us she new exactly where we were going...hmmm wonder why?

anyways....in other news! i just wanted to post some amazing lyrics that i've had on my stickies for awhile:


WARLOCKS
the chelsea girl is in black and white... her golden hair in her hand
wires are running down her face and her garden is full with no room for you

-------------------------------
BESSIE SMITH
Had a man in Black Mountain, sweetest man in town,
Had a man in Black Mountain, sweetest man in town;
He met a city gal and he throned me down.

I'm bound for Black Mountain, me and my razor and my gun,
I'm bound for Black Mountain, me and my razor and my gun;
gonna shoot him if he stands still, and cut him if he run.
-----------------------

WICTH
"livin.....in the USA...and i like.....to get my brains blown out"

2 comments:

tiff+deb said...

it's "Step Up 2 the Streets"!

get yo facts straight woman!

-tiff

Anonymous said...

Great work.